Potential Plus UK’s Summer Reading Challenge is open to everyone aged 18 and under
Read and review five books you have chosen as a challenge to yourself.
This challenge might be the length of the book, complexity of vocabulary or in the subject matter. Write reviews reflecting on the books that you’ve chosen – what did you like or not like, have you learned something new – would you recommend it to someone else and if so why and what age?
We know that you will be reading many more than 5 books this summer, but we’re asking you to only review 5 books – part of the challenge is in evaluating which books you would share with others and why.
This year, as Potential Plus UK is 55 years old, we are asking people to nominate children’s books for a list of 55 books for 55 years – 1 book will be selected for each year between 1967 and 2022. So – which of the books you reviewed would you nominate or have you an all-time favourite book published between those years which you would nominate instead? Include this as part of your entry.
All participants will receive a certificate of achievement to acknowledge the efforts that they have made and how they have risen to the challenges.
- Read the books over this Summer (from July 4th to 11th September).
- Rate the books from 1 – 5 stars (with 5 stars being a fantastic read and would recommend it to others).
- Tell us why this book was a challenge for you.
- Write/type/video/dictate reviews of your top 5 books. In your reviews include a personal reflection on the book as well as if and why you would recommend it to others. Don’t forget that you want to tantalise new readers without giving away the whole plot.
- Send us your book reviews; include the name you would like on your challenge certificate, your age and your address for us to send your certificate.
Send Your Reviews to Us
Email the reviews to Potential Plus UK by Monday 12th September, 2022. Email: email@example.com
Your reviews will form part of a Summer Reading Challenge round-up blog published at the end of September. The reviewer’s name and age (or for ages 11 and under their first name/name and initial of surname and age) will be included in the reviews.
Discover New Books from Previous Recommendations this Summer
To find out what our members have recommended in previous years see: