Dual Diagnoses in Children with Dual or Multiple Exceptionality
There are several learning differences and disabilities that commonly exist alongside high learning potential.
When a child has both a learning difficulty or disability and high learning potential they experience considerable frustration and challenge in their daily lives, resulting in emotional and, sometimes, behavioural problems.
Commonly found alongside high learning potential are:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (particularly Asperger Syndrome, High Function Autism and Pathological Demand Avoidance)
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (and problems with executive functioning)
- Sensory Processing Difficulties, including Dyspraxia
- Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Auditory and Visual Impairment